Monday, March 30, 2009

Emily's First Day of Pre-School

Emilys First Day of Preschool

Today was Emily's first day of school! She was so cute as she walked out of the house this morning on her way to the car. She had her new Princess backpack & was pulling it with such pride. We asked her to stand in front of the house (of course the sun was right in her eyes) for a couple pictures for her first day of school. As usual she is a cheese!
When we got to school she grabbed her backpack & decided she wanted to wear it on her back! She was so cute & her backpack is just about as big as she is! I am surprised she didn't fall over backwards. As we walked through the school gates we meet with one of the classroom assistants She showed us around Emily's classroom & told us a little about their daily schedule. The boys thought it was really cool to see where Emily was going to school. We found out that Mondays she will have music therapy & speech therapy. The classroom assistant showed Emily where to place her backpack. Then she took her outside to meet some of her classmates. There are 3 new students (total) beginning today in Emily's class. She was a little shy at first but the assistant asked if she wanted to play in the sandbox & off they went! It was great! No crying, clinging or hiding! She went & played in the sandbox with some of the other kids & we were able to watch her interact. She did great. We made our escape & went to lunch (before Matt had to be back to work).
I went to pick her up after school by myself (well the other 3 in tow). She was happy to see us, grabbed her backpack & out the door. The teacher Ms. Abbott said she did wonderful! She cried just for a moment during music time (which I think might have to do with her hearing because she always does that when a group sings). Other then that she did great!! We will see how tomorrow goes!
We still don't have transportation set up! Seriously I cant believe how slow the District Office is. I have called 3 days & left messages. I am not sure how it is going to work since the boys go back to school tomorrow! I am either going to have to get the boys 10 minutes early or be 10 minutes late to get Emily. Thus the reason for transportation. I think tomorrow I will have to get a little aggressive & try to talk to a management type person. If I do I bet I will have services on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment