Thursday, April 02, 2009


The Wheels on the Bus...

First time on a school bus!

Home from school!

Today was Emily's first bus ride. She was very excited unlike Mommy who was very nervous! She wanted to wait outside for the bus. It was scheduled for 11 am but I was told it would probably be later. So we got out the sidewalk chalk & drew pictures of Emily, Mommy & different shapes while we waited. As most of you know it is already getting very hot here. Well Mommy is a wimp & wanted to go inside but just then the bus showed up! Emily grabbed her backpack & off she went right up to the bus. It was all fine until the brakes let out air... Emily jumped so high! She grabbed my leg & wouldn't let go. The bus driver said that I could bring her on the bus & strap her in. I pick her up & took her to her seat (which was the 3rd row). I buckled her in to the car seat. I said I love & will see you after school. She gave me this look like excuse me your, not staying! She didn't cry though! My tough little girl. I got one really fast picture & got off the bus. Wow, I never realized how hard it was going to be to put her on the bus (emotionally). I mean I knew that it would be tough but it was very difficult letting go of that control. I placed so much trust in someone I didn't know. Well I made it through the day & so did Emily. She fell asleep on the bus ride home (not a surprise). The bus driver (who is different in the afternoon) asked if she had ever rode the bus before & told me that Emily did wonderfully! I am so proud of my baby girl! I was able to get a quick picture of Emily in front of the bus before it left. 
Emily brought home some crafts that she worked on at school. They have been working on the letter H this week & the sounds it makes. They are also talking about Spring Time. Emily made a very cute chicken & the letter H. She was very proud of her creations. 
We have a communication log with Emily's teacher so we know what she is doing on everyday. Partially because she rides the bus & we never see the teacher. Mostly because Emily is unable to tell us what she has done. I know today Emily made a bunny. I can't wait to see it!



Emily's cute little chicken!

    
The letter H (like you can't see that!)  :)

Very proud of her work!!


No comments:

Post a Comment