Monday, April 06, 2009

3 Years Old!

Emily will be turning 3 this year on Easter Sunday! It never occurred to me that any of my kids Birthdays would ever fall on a Holiday. Well here we are...Easter! Totally not a fan!! I am in the process of planning a Birthday Party for Emily (this Saturday), Easter for all the kids & a small Birthday Celebration on Sunday!!! We have always had a Party for the kids & then done something special on their Birthdays (usually cupcakes & a present or two). I wont slack just because its Easter but it definitely isn't convenient!! Okay thats enough of that...

Emily decided on her own that she wanted a Minnie Mouse Birthday!! I love it! I was almost willing to bet she was going to choose Princess but no Minnie! We got her these cute little Minnie ears. Oh, how cute she is. I think we are going to incorporate Easter a little into the party & have a Egg Hunt! I think that would be fun. Oooo...I should go to Target & get Dark Pink & White Jelly Belly's. Huh. Now I think I am going crazy (do you really think a bunch of 6 & under kiddos are going to notice that the jelly beans match?)! Anyways it will be fun. On the Disney website there are some great ideas for games & printable things for the kids to do. Most of you that know me well know that I always make my kids their Birthday cakes. Well apperently Minnie Mouse isn't too popular anymore. I cant find a cake pan to save my life. Or well I can if I want to spend $45-80 which seriously that cake better make its self for that price. Now, I would totally buy it if it frosted itself that would be a cool trick! So after a very frusterating search I have decided to make Emily a teir cake. 3 small teirs. The bottom will be bright pink with white polka-dots (which is Minnie dress color), the middle layer will have strips or swirls (something similar) & the top will have little Minnie heads (with just a bow). I ahouldnt be too dificult (I hope). I have to use foundant which I have used before but not in a long time & certainly not here in HOT land! I am sure it will be fine...if not there is a Fry's right down the street!

She has truely grown a ton in the last year. I look back at her pictures from last year & wonder where has the time gone! Where did my baby go. Before I know it she will be off on her own. Wow.


Emily Birthday 2009 (and Easter)



Emily Birthday 2008 

No comments:

Post a Comment