Friday, February 20, 2009

~It Official~

Or it will be next Friday! Emily will be formally diagnosed with Apraxia. Wow! I just am not sure how I truly feel. I am happy that we are able to have EI (early intervention) & I am happy that our ST knows what Apraxia is, how to diagnose it, treat it, etc. Am I ready for this road? No! Do I want to be here? No, not really! Do I have a choice? Once again, No! 

Here we go as a family moving ahead to make sure that Emily has the best treatments possible! I am thankful that we qualify for free preschool but I know that they can not offer enough help for my little girl. I am also thankful that I get 60 ST sessions in a calendar year (approximately 5 per month) through our insurance but that is not near enough. So I guess the big question for me is, how do we make sure she has everything she needs (at school & home)? I guess we hope that the school understands the severity of her condition & get her everything she needs for home. Then we hope & pray that everything else falls into place!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment