Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fish Oil

We have decided to start Emily on fish oil supplements. In my research I noticed that many families give fish oil supplements to their Apraxic child. There has been no official research done to prove that it helps but most parents notice a significant difference in their child's speech. It helps with the neurological connections in the brain (Apraxia is a neurological disorder).

Emily loves them! She is taking a gel cap that is flavored lemon but instead of swallowing it whole she chews it! She says "mmm" so I think she likes it. I am also taking them with her but not brave enough to chew. Yuck. I have been wondering if the center is flavored lemon or just the liquid inside. Well a couple days ago I was running late to get the boys to school so I grabbed Emily's pill & gave it to her in the car. I think she put her hands in her mouth & then in her hair because she smelled like fish all day long! Eewww! It wasn't very pleasant. I washed her hair 3 times that night to get the smell out! I will definitely not be chewing mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment